Thursday, 24 October 2013

Preliminary Task - Task 7

Preliminary Task - Task 7

In aid to what I will be creating for my own magazine, I had been set a preliminary task to focus on what makes a magazine good and what certain features makes it stand out. As part of my coursework toward the course, we will be creating a front page cover, a contents page and also a double page spread. To look at what will make a good magazine, I will analyse the cover of 'ATM Worldwide' magazine. 

ATM Magazine featuring High Contrast
ATM Magazine analysis

• Medium shot image of DnB Producer 'High Contrast' (Stating that he is the main feature of magazine along with the use of the big font across the magazine.
• Colour scheme used: Red, white & green (All upbeat colours to emphasis the type of magazine it is which is EDM based)
• Structure of letter placement is well placed, making it easier to understand.
• Simplistic home style. 


From this quick analysis, I must determine how I will structure and place things on my own magazine front cover, and be aware of what images and font styles I use to emphasis what kind of magazine it is, and what music genre it represents and from that what it represents to that selected target audience. I will apply this to both the contents and double page spread also.

I will also develop quick mock ups and development processes to help me determine what will work best for my magazine, and encourage my workflow to be more efficient and productive through the process of the creation toward this magazine design and contents in it. To do this, I will be using the program 'Adobe Photoshop'. I have enough experience to use the tools in the program to create what I need to do, and help me get down my thoughts and mock ups down in which will help me lead to create the final designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment