College Magazine Front Cover Assignment - Task 15
![]() |
| 'Heenan Record' Magazine mock up |
To create the magazine, I used Photoshop to help structure the magazine and layout. From learning and understanding the terminolgy and features used within magazines, I wanted to try and implement that into the front cover. I am happy how this mock up came out, but I hope to carry on the knowledge I know into the next.
The house style for the magazine was fairly simple in how it layed out, but used fairly bold type to make it stand out a lot more, and also use the school's colours too which being red, white and yellow. I wanted to link all this together so it appeals to both the younger audience being the pupils of the school and to the staff members and also the parents of the pupils who attend the school.
I also included a banner at the top of the front cover to also help promote the features of what will be in the magazine, also using the school's theme colours to link to the house style.
For the masthead, I made sure it was bold enough so it is noticable to the viewer, and also including the school's slogan 'Respect. Believe. Achieve.' The headline also covers a section of the magazine, followed by the anchorage text beneath it to show that this will be the most important aspect of the magazine, but both are standing out against the main image, which covers all of the magazine's front.
Considering christmas is around the corner, I decided to include a pug dedicated to christmas, also showing the festive and fun side to the school. I decided to make the graphic red as it clears stands out from the background, and extremely noticable. I also used a different font to link into the topic the school is promoting.

No comments:
Post a Comment