Actual Magazine Analysis (Double Page Spread) - Task 23
After finally completing both the front cover and contents page analysis, I finally got to come around to create the analysis for the double page spread within Mixmag. Like the contents, I found this easy to analyse, due to the similarities it held with the contents page, as it had the same flow throughout the magazine. Although the contents and double page spread shared similarities, I learned and found different things from the double page spread in which I can apply to my double page spread in my music magazine when I come around to it. Also within the magazine I had, it had 3 pages which had double pages spread linking into the same article, so I also tried to include them in as much as I could throughout the analysis of the double page spread.
And finally once again, here are the questions to the analysis given to me provided by our media teachers. And once again, you can click on the timings and it will take you straight to the video, or you can simply follow the timings and watch the video here:
#1 How many images does the spread use; what does this mean for your own planning? (0:42)
#2 How would you describe the layout? Would you say it was organised? Sleak? Uniform? Chaotic? Ordered? Boring? Interesting? Colourful? (2:13)
#3 What does the headline/image say about the article? Does it fit in with the rest of the magazine? (4:16)
#4 Does it have subscription information? (6:10)
#5 Does it have a competition? How does this attract or appeal to its target audience? (7:36)
#6 What kinds of images are on the page? How have they been manipulated if they have been? (9:23)
And finally once again, here are the questions to the analysis given to me provided by our media teachers. And once again, you can click on the timings and it will take you straight to the video, or you can simply follow the timings and watch the video here:
#1 How many images does the spread use; what does this mean for your own planning? (0:42)
#2 How would you describe the layout? Would you say it was organised? Sleak? Uniform? Chaotic? Ordered? Boring? Interesting? Colourful? (2:13)
#3 What does the headline/image say about the article? Does it fit in with the rest of the magazine? (4:16)
#4 Does it have subscription information? (6:10)
#5 Does it have a competition? How does this attract or appeal to its target audience? (7:36)
#6 What kinds of images are on the page? How have they been manipulated if they have been? (9:23)

No comments:
Post a Comment